If you are thinking to start a podcast, then you must follow some basic rules, which will help you gain popularity. In podcasts, audio is the only way to build a relationship with your audience. With proper relationships, it will help you transform a fan into your loyal audience.
To set up a podcast studio, you need some basic tools like:
- A very good microphone is important to record every word that you are likely to share with your audiences.
- Free software for recording and editing sounds.
- Use an MP3 tag to store information about the audio. And this information will display on the screen of portable players such as iPad, mobile handsets, etc.
- Also, install video conferencing software like Skype to take an interview for the shows. Along with the same, use a call recorder or video recorder to help you record the call or video.
- Create a Podcast hosting account from where you can share your content along with your fans.
- All the stuff can be easily purchased at a very minimum price.
After purchasing all the tools, set up your studio, and then try to participate in different podcast contest programs. This will help you to find your audiences and you can share your story with them. This is one of the best ways to market your content.
Podcasting is an interesting way to open a new door into the soul of the host where the host shares his feelings truly. Most of the podcasts are spontaneous in nature, where the host can’t fake. At the time of podcasting, the host is likely to face different types of noises normally generating from different tools, or maybe it can generate from the voice of the host. You must clean this noise to get distortion-free sound, which is very soothing to hear. Also, remember that clean audio always explores the depth of speech.
The important quality of a good podcaster is to deliver a podcast in which the listener can easily connect with the show.
At the very first stage, you must try to be authentic with your thoughts rather than trying to become perfect. Don’t be afraid about the quality of your podcast at the very first stage, but try to improve in each and every stage. If you are delivering something unique, then publish that at first and then try to make it more perfect.
Always try to improve your work. Don’t repeat similar mistakes.
Here are few things that you should know before starting a podcast.
1. Buy a Good Audio Filter
As in podcast, the host connects through the audio medium, so it’s very important to use a good quality filter, which can record your sound properly. If the sound is not up to the mark, then surely you are likely to lose your listeners. In the beginning, many people try to use a cheap filter, which is a very big mistake. No one will be interested to listen to a podcast with poor audio quality.
2. Try to Tie a Knot with Your Audience
Try to connect with your audiences as early as possible. Engagement is one of the important things, which will decide your success and failure. Whenever you are hosting any guest episode, try to ask those questions that the audiences are likely to know from the guest or you can take the questions from the audiences before hosting the show. In this way, they will feel more connected with your show.
Also, don’t be too methodical as it looks too monotonous, always try to start in a very casual way.
3. Share in Different Ways
Always try to do something unique in each and every step in your show like share content with your listeners on Twitter or Facebook; you can even share the podcast on different review pages. Whenever you are sharing the link, use bit.ly link as it makes the link more attractive.
4. Always Ask for Reviews
Always ask for reviews from your audiences so that you can understand where you are making mistakes and also ask their opinion on how you can improve. If you can follow these tips in the future, it will help to produce much good quality shows.
5. Always Prepare Yourself Before the Show
Before hosting any show, you must prepare yourself; this must include what you are going to share, how you are going to deliver, and how you can make it better than your previous shows.
For this, you must write down all the stuff in a sheet and tick the option whenever it is done. Practice and preparation can make a huge change in the quality of the show, also it will make your life much easier.
6. Tag Each Podcast
Before releasing a podcast, you must tag it; it is very vital for the audio file. This may be the simple thing to do but it is one of the easiest ways to make your work easier. While tagging, normally title, artist details, album name, and track number are attached.
7. Optimize Your Sharing in Different Mediums
Try to optimize your content as much as possible, it will help you to connect with many customers. And in this way, you are likely to get more publicity, which can be easily converted into a profitable money-making business. Optimizing your content is very similar to optimizing for Google search. You can optimize it for Soundcloud or iTunes search.
Follow these steps to get better results from optimization.
- Use a good title for your podcast. You must use trending keywords for your podcast as this will help you get more audiences.
- Describe your podcast with as many words as you need. Use the same keyword in the description as you mention in the title. Give a proper title to your podcast with the primary keyword and use secondary keywords in the description.
- Always mention your name along with the publisher’s name and add some keywords.